This dataset was taken from the list of OpenIntro dataset files found at https://www.openintro.org/data/.
OpenIntro features a number of free books that can be used in high school and AP statistics courses. The license on these datasets is currently unknown. You can find out more about OpenIntro at https://www.openintro.org.
This data set comes from the Guardian's Data Blog and includes fivefinancial demographic variables.
- region - Region in the United Kingdom
- debt - Average regional debt, not including mortgages, in pounds
- unemployment - Percent unemployment
- house - Average house price, in pounds
- pay - Average hourly pay, in pounds
- rpi - Retail price index, which is standardized to 100 for the entire UK,and lower index scores correspond to lower prices
The data was described in the Guardian Data Blog:http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/interactive/2011/oct/27/debt-money-expert-factsPosted: Thursday, October 27, 2011Retrieved: Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Taken from: https://www.openintro.org/data/index.php?data=ukdemo.