This dataset was taken from the list of OpenIntro dataset files found at https://www.openintro.org/data/.
OpenIntro features a number of free books that can be used in high school and AP statistics courses. The license on these datasets is currently unknown. You can find out more about OpenIntro at https://www.openintro.org.
A random sample was taken of nearly 10\textbook for each course was identified, and its new price at the UCLABookstore and on Amazon.com were recorded.
- dept_abbr - Course department (abbreviated).
- course - Course number.
- ibsn - Book ISBN.
- ucla_new - New price at the UCLA Bookstore.
- amaz_new - New price on Amazon.com.
- more - Whether additional books were required for the course (Y means "yes, additional books were required").
- diff - The UCLA Bookstore price minus the Amazon.com price for each book.
This data was collected by David M Diez on April 24th.
The sample represents only courses where textbooks were listed onlinethrough UCLA Bookstore's website. The most expensive textbook was selectedbased on the UCLA Bookstore price, which may insert bias into the data; forthis reason, it may be beneficial to analyze only the data where moreis "N".
Taken from: https://www.openintro.org/data/index.php?data=textbooks.