This dataset was taken from the list of OpenIntro dataset files found at https://www.openintro.org/data/.
OpenIntro features a number of free books that can be used in high school and AP statistics courses. The license on these datasets is currently unknown. You can find out more about OpenIntro at https://www.openintro.org.
Survey data on smoking habits from the UK. The data set can be used foranalyzing the demographic characteristics of smokers and types of tobaccoconsumed.
- gender - Gender with levels Female and Male.
- age - Age.
- marital_status - Marital status with levels Divorced, Married, Separated, Single and Widowed.
- highest_qualification - Highest education level with levels A Levels, Degree, GCSE/CSE, GCSE/O Level, Higher/Sub Degree, No Qualification, ONC/BTEC and Other/Sub Degree
- nationality - Nationality with levels British, English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Other, Refused and Unknown.
- ethnicity - Ethnicity with levels Asian, Black, Chinese, Mixed, White and Refused Unknown.
- gross_income - Gross income with levels Under 2,600, 2,600 to 5,200, 5,200 to 10,400, 10,400 to 15,600, 15,600 to 20,800, 20,800 to 28,600, 28,600 to 36,400, Above 36,400, Refused and Unknown.
- region - Region with levels London, Midlands & East Anglia, Scotland, South East, South West, The North and Wales
- smoke - Smoking status with levels No and Yes
- amt_weekends - Number of cigarettes smoked per day on weekends.
- amt_weekdays - Number of cigarettes smoked per day on weekdays.
- type - Type of cigarettes smoked with levels Packets, Hand-Rolled, Both/Mainly Packets and Both/Mainly Hand-Rolled
National STEM Centre, Large Datasets from stats4schools,http://www.nationalstemcentre.org.uk/elibrary/resource/3624/large-datasets-from-stats4schools.
Taken from: https://www.openintro.org/data/index.php?data=smoking.