This dataset was taken from the list of OpenIntro dataset files found at https://www.openintro.org/data/.
OpenIntro features a number of free books that can be used in high school and AP statistics courses. The license on these datasets is currently unknown. You can find out more about OpenIntro at https://www.openintro.org.
14 variables for all 14,974 10 mile participants in the 2009 Cherry BlossomRun (run10_09) and 9 variables for all 16,924 participants in 2012.
- place - Finishing position. Separate positions are provided for each gender.
- time - The total run time. For run10, this is equivalent to net_time.
- net_time - The run time from the start line to the finish line.
- pace - The listed pace for each runner.
- age - Age.
- gender - Gender.
- first - First name.
- last - Last name.
- city - Hometown city.
- location - Hometown city. (run10 data only.)
- state - Hometown state. (For run10, this may also list a country.)
- country - Hometown country.
- div - Running division (age group).
- div_place - Division place, also broken up by gender.
- div_tot - Total number of people in the division (again, also split by gender).
Taken from: https://www.openintro.org/data/index.php?data=run10.