This dataset was taken from the list of OpenIntro dataset files found at https://www.openintro.org/data/.
OpenIntro features a number of free books that can be used in high school and AP statistics courses. The license on these datasets is currently unknown. You can find out more about OpenIntro at https://www.openintro.org.
The data are from a convenience sample of 25 women and 10 men who weremiddle-aged or older. The purpose of the study was to understand therelationship between sedentary behavior and thickness of the medial temporallobe (MTL) in the brain.
- subject - ID for the individual.
- sex - Gender, which takes values F (female) or M (male).
- ethnic - Ethnicity, simplified to Caucasian and Other.
- educ - Years of educational.
- e4grp - APOE-4 status, taking a value of E4 or Non-E4.
- age - Age, in years.
- mmse - Score from the Mini-Mental State Examination, which is a global cognitition evaluation.
- ham_d - Score on the Hamilton Rating Scale for depression.
- ham_a - Score on the Hamilton Rating Scale for anxiety.
- dig_sym - We (the authors of this R package) are unsure as to the meaning of this variable.
- delay_vp - We (the authors of this R package) are unsure as to the meaning of this variable.
- bfr_selective_reminding_delayed - We (the authors of this R package) are unsure as to the meaning of this variable.
- sitting - Self-reported time sitting per day, averaged to the nearest hour.
- met_minwk - Metabolic equivalent units score (activity level). A score of 0 means "no activity" while 3000 is considered "high activity".
- ipaq_grp - Classification of METminwk into Low or High.
- aca1 - Thickness of the CA1 subregion of the MTL.
- aca23dg - Thickness of the CA23DG subregion of the MTL.
- ae_cort - Thickness of a subregion of the MTL.
- a_fusi_cort - Thickness of the fusiform gyrus subregion of the MTL.
- a_ph_cort - Thickness of the perirhinal cortex subregion of the MTL.
- a_pe_cort - Thickness of the entorhinal cortex subregion of the MTL.
- asubic - Thickness of the subiculum subregion of the MTL.
- total - Total MTL thickness.
Siddarth P, Burggren AC, Eyre HA, Small GW, Merrill DA. 2018.Sedentary behavior associated with reduced medial temporal lobe thickness inmiddle-aged and older adults. PLoS ONE 13(4): e0195549.https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0195549Thank you to Professor Silas Bergen of Winona State University for pointingus to this data set!
Taken from: https://www.openintro.org/data/index.php?data=mtl.