This dataset was taken from the list of OpenIntro dataset files found at https://www.openintro.org/data/.
OpenIntro features a number of free books that can be used in high school and AP statistics courses. The license on these datasets is currently unknown. You can find out more about OpenIntro at https://www.openintro.org.
Batter statistics for 2018 Major League Baseball season.
- name - Player name
- team - Team abbreviation
- position - Position abbreviation: 1B = first base,2B = second base, 3B = third base, C = catcher,CF = center field (outfield), DH = designated hitter,LF = left field (outfield), P = pitcher,RF = right field (outfield), SS = shortstop.
- games - Number of games played.
- AB - At bats.
- R - Runs.
- H - Hits.
- doubles - Doubles.
- triples - Triples.
- HR - Home runs.
- RBI - Runs batted in.
- walks - Walks.
- strike_outs - Strike outs.
- stolen_bases - Stolen bases.
- caught_stealing_base - Number of times caught stealing a base.
- AVG - Batting average.
- OBP - On-base percentage.
- SLG - Slugging percentage.
- OPS - On-base percentage plus slugging percentage.
Taken from: https://www.openintro.org/data/index.php?data=mlb_players_18.