This dataset was taken from the list of OpenIntro dataset files found at https://www.openintro.org/data/.
OpenIntro features a number of free books that can be used in high school and AP statistics courses. The license on these datasets is currently unknown. You can find out more about OpenIntro at https://www.openintro.org.
Major League Baseball Player Hitting Statistics for 2010.
- name - Player name
- team - Team abbreviation
- position - Player position
- game - Number of games
- at_bat - Number of at bats
- run - Number of runs
- hit - Number of hits
- double - Number of doubles
- triple - Number of triples
- home_run - Number of home runs
- rbi - Number of runs batted in
- total_base - Total bases, computed as 3*HR + 2*3B + 1*2B + H
- walk - Number of walks
- strike_out - Number of strikeouts
- stolen_base - Number of stolen bases
- caught_stealing - Number of times caught stealing
- obp - On base percentage
- slg - Slugging percentage (TB / AB)
- bat_avg - Batting average
Data was collected from mlb.com on April 22nd, 2011.
Taken from: https://www.openintro.org/data/index.php?data=mlbbat10.