This dataset was taken from the list of OpenIntro dataset files found at https://www.openintro.org/data/.
OpenIntro features a number of free books that can be used in high school and AP statistics courses. The license on these datasets is currently unknown. You can find out more about OpenIntro at https://www.openintro.org.
The make-up of the United States House of Representatives every two yearssince 1789. The last Congress included is the 112th Congress, whichcompletes its term in 2013.
- congress - The number of that year's Congress
- yearStart - Starting year
- yearEnd - Ending year
- seats - Total number of seats
- p1 - Name of the first politicalparty
- np1 - Number of seats held by the first political party
- p2 - Name of the second political party
- np2 - Number of seatsheld by the second political party
- other - Other
- vac - Vacancy
- del - Delegate
- res - Resident commissioner
Office of the Clerk of the U.S. House of Representatives PartyDivisions:http://clerk.house.gov/art_history/house_history/partyDiv.htmlData for Congresses 1-111 was recorded from the website above on November1st, 2010. It appears this page was later moved tohttp://artandhistory.house.gov/house_history/partyDiv.aspx (no longeravailable)where data for Congress 112 was recorded on April 21, 2011.
Taken from: https://www.openintro.org/data/index.php?data=house.