This dataset was taken from the list of OpenIntro dataset files found at https://www.openintro.org/data/.
OpenIntro features a number of free books that can be used in high school and AP statistics courses. The license on these datasets is currently unknown. You can find out more about OpenIntro at https://www.openintro.org.
Findings on n-3 Fatty Acid Supplement Health Benefits
The results summarize each of the health outcomes for an experiment where 12,933 subjects received a 1g fish oil supplement daily and 12,938 received a placebo daily. The experiment's duration was 5-years.
- major_cardio_event - Major cardiovascular event. (Primary end point.)
- cardio_event_expanded - Cardiovascular event in expanded composite endpoint.
- myocardioal_infarction - Total myocardial infarction. (Heart attack.)
- stroke - Total stroke.
- cardio_death - Death from cardiovascular causes.
- PCI - Percutaneous coronary intervention.
- CABG - Coronary artery bypass graft.
- total_coronary_heart_disease - Total coronary heart disease.
- ischemic_stroke - Ischemic stroke.
- hemorrhagic_stroke - Hemorrhagic stroke.
- chd_death - Death from coronary heart disease.
- myocardial_infarction_death - Death from myocardial infraction.
- stroke_death - Death from stroke.
- invasive_cancer - Invasive cancer of any type. (Primary end point.)
- breast_cancer - Breast cancer.
- prostate_cancer - Prostate cancer.
- colorectal_cancer - Colorectal cancer.
- cancer_death - Death from cancer.
- death - Death from any cause.
- major_cardio_event_after_2y - Major cardiovascular event, excluding the first 2 years of follow-up.
- myocardial_infarction_after_2y - Total myocardial infarction, excluding the first 2 years of follow-up.
- invasive_cancer_after_2y - Invasive cancer of any type, excluding the first 2 years of follow-up.
- cancer_death_after_2y - Death from cancer, excluding the first 2 years of follow-up.
- death_after_2y - Death from any cause, excluding the first 2 years of follow-up.
Manson JE, et al. 2018. Marine n-3 Fatty Acids and Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease and Cancer. NEJMoa1811403. https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1811403
Taken from: https://www.openintro.org/data/index.php?data=fish_oil_18.