This dataset was taken from the list of OpenIntro dataset files found at https://www.openintro.org/data/.
OpenIntro features a number of free books that can be used in high school and AP statistics courses. The license on these datasets is currently unknown. You can find out more about OpenIntro at https://www.openintro.org.
The data are gathered from end of semester student evaluations for a largesample of professors from the University of Texas at Austin. In addition,six students rate the professors' physical appearance. The result is a dataframe where each row contains a different course and each column hasinformation on either the course or the professor.https://www.openintro.org/stat/data/?data=evals
- score - Average professor evaluation score: (1) very unsatisfactory - (5) excellent.
- rank - Rank of professor: teaching, tenure track, tenured.
- ethnicity - Ethnicity of professor: not minority, minority.
- gender - Gender of professor: female, male.
- language - Language of school where professor received education: English or non-English.
- age - Age of professor.
- cls_perc_eval - Percent of students in class who completed evaluation.
- cls_did_eval - Number of students in class who completed evaluation.
- cls_students - Total number of students in class.
- cls_level - Class level: lower, upper.
- cls_profs - Number of professors teaching sections in course in sample: single, multiple.
- cls_credits - Number of credits of class: one credit (lab, PE, etc.), multi credit.
- bty_f1lower - Beauty rating of professor from lower level female: (1) lowest - (10) highest.
- bty_f1upper - Beauty rating of professor from upper level female: (1) lowest - (10) highest.
- bty_f2upper - Beauty rating of professor from second level female: (1) lowest - (10) highest.
- bty_m1lower - Beauty rating of professor from lower level male: (1) lowest - (10) highest.
- bty_m1upper - Beauty rating of professor from upper level male: (1) lowest - (10) highest.
- bty_m2upper - Beauty rating of professor from second upper level male: (1) lowest - (10) highest.
- bty_avg - Average beauty rating of professor.
- pic_outfit - Outfit of professor in picture: not formal, formal.
- pic_color - Color of professor's picture: color, black & white.
Cetinkaya-Rundel M, Morgan KL, Stangl D. 2013. Looking Good onCourse Evaluations. CHANCE 26(2).http://chance.amstat.org/2013/04/looking-good
Taken from: https://www.openintro.org/data/index.php?data=evals.