This dataset was taken from the list of OpenIntro dataset files found at https://www.openintro.org/data/.
OpenIntro features a number of free books that can be used in high school and AP statistics courses. The license on these datasets is currently unknown. You can find out more about OpenIntro at https://www.openintro.org.
Data for 3142 counties in the United States. See thecounty_complete data set for additional variables.
- name - County names.
- state - State names.
- pop2000 - Population in 2000.
- pop2010 - Population in 2010.
- pop2017 - Population in 2017.
- pop_change - Population change from 2010 to 2017.
- poverty - Percent of population in poverty in 2017.
- homeownership - Homeownership rate, 2006-2010.
- multi_unit - Percent of housing units in multi-unit structures,2006-2010.
- unemployment_rate - Unemployment rate in 2017.
- metro - Whether the county contains a metropolitan area.
- median_edu - Median education level (2013-2017).
- per_capita_income - Per capita (per person) income(2013-2017).
- median_hh_income - Median household income.
- smoking_ban - Describes whether the type of county-levelsmoking ban in place in 2010, taking one of the values "none","partial", or "comprehensive".
These data were collected fromhttp://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/ (no longer available) and itsaccompanying pages.
Taken from: https://www.openintro.org/data/index.php?data=county.