This dataset was taken from the list of OpenIntro dataset files found at https://www.openintro.org/data/.
OpenIntro features a number of free books that can be used in high school and AP statistics courses. The license on these datasets is currently unknown. You can find out more about OpenIntro at https://www.openintro.org.
Temperature Summary Data, Geography Limited
A random set of monitoring locations were taken from NOAA data that had both years of interest (1948 and 2018) as well as data for both summary metrics of interest (dx70 and dx90, which are described below). Please keep in mind that these are two annual snapshots, and a complete analysis would consider much more than two years of data and much additional information for those years.
- station - Station ID.
- latitude - Latitude of the station.
- longitude - Longitude of the station.
- dx70_1948 - Number of days above 70 degrees in 1948.
- dx70_2018 - Number of days above 70 degrees in 2018.
- dx90_1948 - Number of days above 90 degrees in 1948.
- dx90_2018 - Number of days above 90 degrees in 2018.
Retrieved on 2019-04-24. https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cdo-web/datasets
Taken from: https://www.openintro.org/data/index.php?data=climate70.