This dataset was taken from the list of OpenIntro dataset files found at https://www.openintro.org/data/.
OpenIntro features a number of free books that can be used in high school and AP statistics courses. The license on these datasets is currently unknown. You can find out more about OpenIntro at https://www.openintro.org.
Data on a random sample of 100 births for babies in North Carolina where themother was not a smoker and another 50 where the mother was a smoker.
- f_age - Father's age.
- m_age - Mother's age.
- weeks - Weeks at which the mother gave birth.
- premature - Indicates whether the baby was premature or not.
- visits - Number of hospital visits.
- gained - Weight gained by mother.
- weight - Birth weight of the baby.
- sex_baby - Gender of the baby.
- smoke - Whether or not the mother was a smoker.
Birth records released by North Carolina in 2004.
Taken from: https://www.openintro.org/data/index.php?data=births.