This dataset was taken from the list of OpenIntro dataset files found at https://www.openintro.org/data/.
OpenIntro features a number of free books that can be used in high school and AP statistics courses. The license on these datasets is currently unknown. You can find out more about OpenIntro at https://www.openintro.org.
The Child Health and Development Studies investigate a range of topics. Onestudy, in particular, considered all pregnancies between 1960 and 1967 amongwomen in the Kaiser Foundation Health Plan in the San Francisco East Bayarea. The goal is to model the weight of the infants (bwt, in ounces)using variables including length of pregnancy in days (gestation),mother's age in years (age), mother's height in inches(height), whether the child was the first born (parity),mother's pregnancy weight in pounds (weight), and whether the motherwas a smoker (smoke).
- case - id number
- bwt - birthweight, in ounces
- gestation - length of gestation, in days
- parity - binary indicator for a first pregnancy (0=first pregnancy)
- age - mother's age in years
- height - mother's height in inches
- weight - mother's weight in pounds
- smoke - binary indicator for whether the mother smokes
These data come from Child Health and Development Studies
Taken from: https://www.openintro.org/data/index.php?data=babies.